Parents will receive an acknowledgment number to track the process of their application and the Baal Aadhaar card will reach you within 90 days
The Aadhaar issuing body, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has changed the process of issuing the Aadhaar card for children. Now, a parent can apply for a child’s Aadhaar card (Baal Aadhaar Card New Rule) by presenting the birth certificate or the slip issued by the hospital where the child was born.
The Baal Aadhaar is issued for children below the age of 5 years but under the new rule, no biometric details will be required for children below five years of age. The UIDAI has removed the requirement of biometric for children below 5 years of age. Notably, biometric will only be required now when the child turns five.
Required documents for address proof:
– Passport- PAN card- Voter ID- Driving license- NREGA job card- Ration card
How to register the child for Baal Aadhaar:
– Visit the official website of UIDAI
– Select the option of Aadhar Card Registration and fill in the required details of the child
– Enter demographic details like residential address, locality, state, etc and submit the application
– Click on the Appointment option to schedule registration for Aadhaar card
– Select the nearest Enrollment Centre, schedule your appointment and go there on the allotted date.
On the date of appointment, carry the required document with you like Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA), Proof of Relationship (POR) and Date of Birth (DOB) at the Enrollment Center. An officer will check all your documents. The biometric data will be taken if your child is above five years of age. But for children below five years of age, biometric data is not required, only demographic data and facial recognition will be required.
Once the process is completed, parents will receive an acknowledgment number to track the process of their application. They will also receive an SMS post 60 days of the appointment and the Baal Aadhaar card will reach you within 90 days.