To use this State Bank of India YONO lite App feature, the user will have to upgrade the App to 5.3.48 version
The State Bank of India (SBI) has been trying its level best to secure its customers from online fraud and other ways of being scammed. It has issued warnings from time to time, updated apps only to provide more safety. Recently, the bank has come up with a new feature on its Yono Lite App since it is the main tool that customers use for digital transactions.
SBI launched this feature through a tweet recently, which said, “Now online banking is more secure than ever with SBI! Download the latest YONO Lite app now.”
The new feature only allows one person per device with a registered mobile number and is called SIM binding. The user will be required to register from their registered mobile number, it is a one-time process but one should do it only after upgrading their app to the 5.3.48 version.
Steps to register for the SBI YONO Lite app:
-Go to Playstore and download the YONO Lite SBI app
– Select the registered mobile number to start the registration
– You will receive an SMS for verification.
– Tap on the ‘Proceed’ button and a message with a unique code will be sent from the device to a predefined number.
– After that fill in the username and password and then tap on the REGISTER button for registration.
– Accept the Terms and Conditions for registration.
– Then an activation code will be provided to the registered mobile number and it will be valid for 30 minutes.
– By inputting the Activation code in the app, the user has to complete the activation process. Once it is done, you can easily log in to your YONO Lite App.